Our History Overview
Our heritage dates back to 1958 when the work was first started by Pastor Giusti and from 1961 by Pastors Anthony and Jean Foti, out of the need of a group of Italian migrants who wanted to worship together, with meetings ranging from Leichhardt, Petersham and Hoxton Park. In 1969 the Punchbowl Italian Assemblies of God building was dedicated. With the help and support of the Assemblies of God in the USA and the local Australian Assemblies of God churches, the church grew and flourished to meet the needs of the Italian migrant population as well as the new generations and the local community.
Fast forward to today, we are Liberty Hill Christian Centre in Chullora, representing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all groups, all generations, and meeting the needs of the local community. We are multi-national, multi-cultural and multi-generational. We are Australian.
Above all we are a Biblical, Pentecostal, generational community of believers, who love God and love people.